Saturday, October 10, 2009

R.I.P Missbehave



So, Missbehave Magazine, a quarterly Brooklyn based magazine that is the urban woman's guide to everything [and my favorite magazine everr], is apparently done for? :( Like, even the blog is just suddenly halted. I decided to do some research on it and from what I found, theres no more. Then it made me wonder, since Missbehave is the sister mag to Mass Appeal magazine, is Mass Appeal still in affect? Turns out they both haven't released anything since May! NO!!! I have some strong feelings on this, especially since I was determined to intern with them.
Sooo this event had me thinking a lot about the journalism industry. We're spending thousands on school to prepare for becoming these great writers for magazine and newspapers but in reality, they're slowly disappearing. And that breaks my heart. I will always have a passion for writing but when my favorite magazine goes out of business, that makes me think, should i start focusing on broadcast? Cuz our world is full of TV heads and we're only getting more channels. Idk.Just thoughts.

hmmm.

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster