Friday, March 30, 2012

Video Games - Lana Del Rey



I'm really beginning to sound like a hopeless romantic here but my boyfriend put me on to this song. Everything about it is so carefree. In my opinion, Lana Del Rey's voice screams old, legendary country music. A lot of people knock country music but one thing that is admirable about it is it's dedication to the classics. Her voice is deep and eerie, yet sultry in its own way. I LOVE IT! The song is so simple. I think this is what's best about it. During the year we're mostly running around crazy, caught up in the stresses of life and obligations but there is something about the summertime and heat that slows the pace and gives us a chance to catch our breath.
Its about sweet summer love and all of the simple things that go with it. I love the vintage feel of the video. We're a generation that recreates [and often this isn't always a good thing] but Del Rey's rendition of this classic sound is not overdone or underdone. This song makes me anxious for walks by the river, swimming pools, and...well, video games with my love that we usually don't get the time to enjoy during the rest of the year. I'm excited to hear the rest of her album!

0 comments:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster